Here’s the secret to the best crispy Brussels sprouts! They’re roasted until blackened and caramelized, then tossed with a tangy sweet balsamic sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- Spicy variation: 1 teaspoon hot sauce, plus more to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. (To get them perfectly crispy, make sure this is the only pan in the oven and you’re not roasting anything else at the same time.)
- Slice off any hard ends of the Brussels sprouts, as needed. Slice them in half lengthwise and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix the sprouts with the olive oil, kosher salt, and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper*, then pour the spouts onto the sheet. Turn them all cut side down.
- Roast for 25 minutes until very browned and tender (don’t stir!). For the crispiest sprouts you can eat them as is, or go to Step 6.
- While the sprouts are roasting, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey or maple syrup (and 1 teaspoon hot sauce, if using). When the sprouts are done, pour over the mixture and toss to combine. For the spicy variation, drizzle with additional hot sauce to taste. Serve immediately.
*Don’t use a silicone baking mat, since these can also make the Brussels sprouts less crispy. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can skip it and roast directly on the sheet.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Crispy Brussel Sprouts