This stovetop Greek yogurt mac and cheese is a healthy take on comfort food! With spinach and Parmesan, it’s pure delicious in under 30 minutes.
- 16 ounces macaroni or cavatappi noodles
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves (or chopped standard spinach)
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces high quality sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce (1/2 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup Stonyfield plain Greek yogurt or whole milk yogurt
- Heat a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Prepare a colander in the sink and place the baby spinach leaves in the colander. When the pasta is done, remove from the heat and drain the pasta into the colander, allowing the boiling water to wilt the spinach.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic and grate the cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- When the pasta is finished, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground mustard, turmeric, and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add the pasta and spinach to the skillet and stir until evenly coated.
- Add the cheddar and Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted and evenly distributed. Sprinkle on the kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Remove the pasta from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve warm.
PRO TIP: To reheat the mac and cheese, place it in a skillet, add a splash of milk, and stir until creamy. (Ratio: about 1 cup mac and cheese to 1 tablespoon milk)
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Creamy Mac and Cheese, Mac and Cheese, Spinach Mac and Cheese, Greek Yogurt Mac and Cheese, Yogurt, Healthy Mac and Cheese