Looking for a fast and easy dinner recipe that tastes like it took all day? This creamy goat cheese pasta is done in 20 minutes and sure to be a favorite.
- 8 ounces penne pasta (regular, not whole wheat)
- 28 ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes (or best quality crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, tightly packed (or chopped spinach)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounce goat cheese log
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the penne until al dente, checking a few minutes before the package instructions to see if it is tender but still firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, place the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, kosher salt, spinach, and whole basil leaves. Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer while the pasta cooks or at least 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is done and drained, crumble the goat cheese into the sauce and add the pasta. Stir until a creamy sauce forms. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Creamy goat cheese pasta, Goat cheese pasta, Pasta with goat cheese, Pasta marinara, Creamy marinara