A simple vegetarian and vegan dinner at its finest, this creamy almond milk pasta sauce is flavored simply with almond milk, garlic, shallots and herbs.
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta (or substitute penne)
- ¼ cup minced herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme, and basil), plus 8 basil leaves for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or substitute gluten-free)
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large pot, boil 6 quarts water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, then drain.
- Mince the herbs, garlic, and shallot. Thinly slice (chiffonade) the 8 basil leaves and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and saute for 1 minute. Add flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. When the flour is dry and bubbly, add the almond milk, herbs, and kosher salt. Stir until creamy, about 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine. Garnish with basil and serve immediately, adding additional kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Almond milk pasta, Almond milk pasta sauce, Creamy almond milk pasta, Pasta with almond milk