This cranberry orange muffins recipe is moist and sweet, with pops of tart berries and zingy orange zest. They’re perfect!
For the muffins
- 2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (zest from 2 medium oranges)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (or substitute frozen, not thawed), plus extra for the tops
For the glaze
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or add muffin cup papers.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the honey, vegetable oil, yogurt, milk, apple cider vinegar, and orange zest until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula until a thick, smooth batter forms. Fold the cranberries into the batter with a spatula.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups: the cups will be full to the top, using about a heaping ¼ cup per muffin. Take a handful (approximately 1/4 cup) of the smallest cranberries and place them in a small bowl with a bit of granulated sugar. Then press them into the tops of the muffins.
- Bake: Bake the muffins for 20 to 22 minutes, until puffed and golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool fully, about 1 hour.
- When ready to glaze, in a medium bowl mix together the orange juice and the powdered sugar until a thick icing forms. If the texture is not drizzlable, add a few more drops orange juice and continue stirring until it comes together; if it’s too thin add a little more sugar. Drizzle a small amount with a fork over each of the muffins.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container lined with a paper towel to absorb extra moisture, about 2 days if iced or 4 days if un-iced. Store refrigerated without glaze for up to 1 week or more (allow to come to room temperature before serving), or frozen without glaze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Cranberry orange muffins, orange cranberry muffins, cranberry orange muffins recipe