This couscous recipe comes out fluffy and perfectly seasoned in minutes! Here are the tricks to how to cook couscous.
- 1 1/2 cups water or broth
- 1 cup dry couscous*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring the water or broth to boil (in a tea kettle or a small pot).
- Place the dry couscous into a skillet with the salt. Pour the boiling water over the entire surface. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. Taste and add additional lemon or salt to taste.
*This recipe is for Moroccan couscous, tiny grains of semolina that cook quickly. For Israeli or pearl couscous, go to How to Cook Israeli (Pearl) Couscous.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: North African
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Couscous, couscous recipe, what is couscous, how to cook couscous