This corn muffins recipe is easy, moist and fluffy! It’s the perfect side dish…and tastes just like your favorite boxed muffin mix.
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup melted butter or neutral oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 12 muffin cups to a tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, Greek yogurt and milk. Melt the butter, then pour both the milk and butter (or oil) into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Pour into the muffin cups (the cups will be very full).
- Bake about 15 to 17 minutes until the center has firmed up and is lightly golden, and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then add to a baking rack. Store any leftovers at room temperature covered with a towel for about 3 days, or in a sealed container at room temperature for about 5 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Cornbread muffins, cornbread muffins recipe, corn muffins, corn muffins recipe