Wondering how to cook dried beans? Our Dutch oven method for cooking dried beans is quicker and simpler than the traditional stovetop method.
- 1 pound dried beans of any type
- Dutch oven
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the dried beans and pick out any debris (sometimes we skip this when we are feeling lazy).
- Place the beans in the dutch oven, and cover with enough water so there is one inch above the top of the beans.
- Cover the dutch oven, place in the oven and let the beans cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Taste a bean and determine whether the bean is tender and cooked through. If not, continue to cook and check every 10 to 15 minutes until the beans are to your liking. Drain the beans and rinse with cold water; let sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Store beans in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several days; or, freeze them for use indefinitely.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: How to cook dried beans in a dutch oven