Here’s how to make one of the best classic cocktails of all time: the Sidecar cocktail! This sour is the perfect balance of Cognac, Cointreau or Triple Sec, and lemon.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) Cognac (VS or VSOP)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- For the garnish: lemon twist or orange twist
- Superfine sugar* rim, optional
- Cut a notch in a lemon wedge, then run the lemon around the rim of a cocktail glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of superfine sugar.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or orange twist.
*Superfine sugar works well for a sugar rim since it sticks to the glass better than granulated sugar. You can use granulated sugar if it’s all you have; note it can tend to fall off into the drink, making it taste a shade sweeter.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Cointreau vs Triple Sec