This crunchy coconut shrimp is baked to perfection! It’s easy to make, full of huge flavor, and works as an appetizer or dinner.
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined tail on
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt*
- 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free flour as necessary)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup panko (gluten-free panko as necessary)
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Sweet chili sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp.
- Pat the shrimp dry. Mix the shrimp in a bowl with the garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt.
- Place the flour in an even layer on a plate. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, and set it next to the plate. Place the panko and coconut on another plate, and set it next to the bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dredge each shrimp into the flour, then dip it into the eggs, then dredge it into the panko and coconut. Place each shrimp gently onto the baking sheet. Wash your hands off as necessary, since the coating can start to become gooey.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until juicy and opaque, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Coconut shrimp