A flavorful brunch or dinner, this easy shakshuka recipe is coconut curry flavored, featuring eggs cooked in a curry sauce and served with pita.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 6 pieces pita or naan, for serving
- Mince the pepper. Dice the onion. Mince the garlic.
- In a very large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bell pepper and onion and saute until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the curry powder, paprika, and ginger and saute for 30 seconds more. Add the honey, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir to combine; and simmer until the sauce thickens, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and slide them into the sauce, distributing them around the pan. Gently push some of the tomato sauce over the eggs to keep them from drying out. Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are completely set, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately with lime wedges and pita or naan.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern Inspired
Keywords: Easy Shakshuka Recipe, Shakshuka Recipe, How to Make Shakshuka, Vegetarian Brunch Recipes