This coconut bacon features wide strips of coconut that are infused with a smoky flavor. Sprinkle on your favorite salad or sandwich for the perfect meal!
- 2 cups large unsweetened coconut flakes (not shredded coconut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix all ingredients until the coconut is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread the coconut in a thin, even layer on top. Bake 10 to 14 minutes, stirring once and flipping the pan halfway through, watching carefully towards the end of the cooking time to ensure that it doesn’t burn. Remove when bacon is just browned.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet; the bacon will crisp up as it cools. Eat immediately, or store leftovers in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer (this keeps the bacon crisp, and it comes back to room temperature quickly).
Inspired by Cookie and Kate
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut bacon