Here’s how to make a classic dry martini: that crystal clear cocktail that oozes sophistication! Gin and vermouth are all you need for this iconic drink. Dirty martini variation listed below.
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) gin
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) dry white vermouth
- For the garnish: olive or lemon peel*
- Combine the gin and vermouth in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds until very cold.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail or martini glass (purists chill the glass first).
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the lemon peel. Squeeze the lemon peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.
*For a dirty martini, reduce the gin to 2 ounces, add 1/2 ounce olive juice (brine from the jar) and garnish with an olive.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Martini, Dry Martini, Gin Martini