These decadent-tasting chocolate cherry dessert bites are made of clean ingredients: just cocoa, maple, coconut oil, oats, almonds and cherries!
For the crust
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa powder (baking cocoa)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
For the topping
- 4 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries (about 5 ounces)
- For the crust: In a food processor, blend the almonds, oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt for several seconds. Scrape down the bowl, then pulse until evenly chopped and a crumbly mixture forms, scraping down again as necessary. Add wrappers to a muffin tin (optional). Place 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into each cup and press it down with your fingers, to make 9 in all. Save the remainder of the crust for the topping.
- For the topping: Wash and dry the bowl of the food processor. Then add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil and blend for several seconds until creamy. Using a spoon, place a dollop onto each of the 9 crusts and smooth it out gently.
- Defrost the cherries and gently chop them, then drain of excess liquid. Sprinkle the chopped cherries on top of the chocolate, then add some crust crumbles. (A few crust crumbles may remain, which you can discard.)
- Freeze for 20 minutes to set. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes to thaw before eating. Store refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Cherry Dessert, Chocolate Cherry Tart, Vegan Desserts, Plant Based Desserts, Dairy Free Desserts, Vegan Dessert Recipe, Chocolate Desserts