This chocolate strawberry smoothie tastes like a treat, but it’s made with healthy ingredients! Blend up this tasty puree in 5 minutes.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned oats (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (dairy, oat milk or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup ice
- For the garnish: 1 sprinkle chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary and adding a splash more milk if necessary.
- If desired, top with 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate (it makes for a nice mix in but it’s totally optional). Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Chocolate strawberry smoothie