- 2 medium frozen bananas (sliced and frozen on a baking sheet for at least 1 1/2 hours)
- 1/4 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or Dutch process (dark) cocoa powder (we prefer dark)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup milk of choice (dairy, oat, or almond milk) or coffee*
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup ice
- For the garnish: 1 sprinkle chopped dark chocolate (optional), 1 drizzle of peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary. Resist the urge to over blend: blend until it just comes together. Taste and add the additional 1/2 tablespoon sweetener depending on the sweetness of the bananas.
- If desired, top with 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate (it makes for a nice mix in but it’s totally optional). Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Chocolate peanut butter smoothie, chocolate smoothie, chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie