This delicious chocolate muesli recipe tops our list of quick healthy breakfast recipes and vegan breakfast ideas: it’s essentially a healthy granola.
- 4 cups One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup roasted whole almonds (you can use raw but we prefer roasted if you can find them!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons quinoa
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan, optional)
- Milk (dairy free) and pure maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roughly chop the almonds. In a large bowl, gently mix together the oats, almonds, coconut flakes, quinoa, cocoa powder, cinnamon, kosher salt, and maple syrup, using your hands to allow everything to be evenly coated. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes (no need to stir).
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Remove from the oven and set the pan on hot pads on a counter. Allow the muesli to cool on the pan for 10 minutes to allow it to become crisp. Add the cherries and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- To serve, pour over milk and a bit of maple syrup. Store in a sealed container or bag in the freezer; it thaws immediately so no need to defrost.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Muesli, Muesli Recipe, Chocolate Muesli, Breakfast, Snack, Vegan, Vegan Breakfast, Chocolate, Gluten Free