This easy chocolate glaze is perfect for chocolate glazed donuts, cookies, cakes and more! It takes just 5 minutes to whip up.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water (or milk)
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together in a medium bowl (use a sifter or simply a fine mesh sieve; this helps to break up any chunks).
- Slowly whisk in the cream, vanilla, and water to make a smooth, pourable glaze. (If using milk, use 6 tablespoons milk and skip the water.) If the glaze is too sticky, add a teaspoon more water until it comes to a smooth, thick consistency. Use for dipping donuts, or drizzle with a fork across cookies, muffins or cake (makes enough for at least 12 donuts).
- Category: Essentials
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Chocolate glaze, chocolate glazed donuts