These soft and gooey chocolate chip cookie bars are crowd-pleasers! They’re easy to whip up and perfectly chewy.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- Sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 9 pan. Line the pan with a piece of parchment paper, cut so that it extends on two sides to easily remove it from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, mix the room temperature butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes until fluffy. Scrape the bowl with a spatula and incorporate eggs and vanilla into the butter at low speed. Once combined, add the flour mixture and mix until the dough just comes together. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
- Use a spatula to press the sticky batter into the pan in a thin, even layer. Sprinkle and press the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips into the top of the dough.
- Bake 21 to 23 minutes until starting to brown at the edges. Remove the pan to a cooling rack . If desired, sprinkle a few pinches of flaky sea salt over the bars.
- Cool completely, at least 1 hour. Run a knife around the edges, then cut into 16 pieces. (You can also serve warm with ice cream.) To store, place layers of parchment paper in between the bars and store in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 days, refrigerated for 2 weeks, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Chocolate chip cookie bars