This easy chocolate banana bread recipe is moist and rich. Chocolate bread is the perfect recipe for brunch, a snack, or even dessert!
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3 to 4 very ripe bananas (enough for 1 cup total)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Mash the bananas in the bottom of a large bowl, enough for 1 cup. Melt the butter, then whisk it into the bananas along with the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda, kosher salt, all-purpose flour, and Dutch-process cocoa powder to the bowl and stir together with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes (insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf: if it comes out clean, it’s done!) Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then run a knife around the edge and invert the loaf onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. The bread keeps up to 4 days at room temperature wrapped in aluminum foil.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Bread, Chocolate Banana Bread, Easy Chocolate Banana Bread, How to Make Banana Bread