This healthy vegan queso dip features real, whole ingredients to keep it gluten free and plant based: you’ll find yourself addicted.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños juice (from the jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a high-speed blender, blend the cashews, garlic, shallot, jalapeños, yeast, turmeric, jalapeño juice, salt, and chipotle powder; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the water and chickpea flour until no lumps remain. Turn the heat to medium and continue whisking every few seconds to prevent scorching. Whisk for roughly 6 to 7 minutes, until the mixture thickens and resembles a roux or melted cheese. Remove from the heat and carefully scrape into the blender with the other ingredients.
- Blend the ingredients on high for 1 minute, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender, until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more chipotle, salt, turmeric, or yeast if desired.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the dip into a serving bowl, and top with cilantro. Serve immediately while hot, or let dip cool a bit (dip will continue to thicken as it cools). Leftovers can be refrigerated in a resealable container and can be eaten cold or reheated on the stove.
Adapted with permission from Chickpea Flour Does It All by Lindsey Love
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Vegan Queso, Healthy Queso Dip, Party Appetizers, Healthy Party Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Party Appetizers, Vegan Recipes