Avocado makes this chipotle quesadilla recipe creamy without overloading on the cheese, and the chipotle tahini sauce sends it over the top.
- Make the Spicy Chipotle Sauce.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. In a small bowl, stir them together with the cumin, olive oil, and kosher salt.
- Thinly slice the avocados (see the video instructions).
- For each quesadilla, place a tortilla on a plate and evenly spread with cheese, black beans, corn, avocado slices, chipotle sauce, then additional cheese.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Place the loaded tortilla on the griddle and add another tortilla on top. Cook until browned, then flip and cook until browned on the other side, a few minutes per side.
- Remove the tortilla and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter. If making several quesadillas at once, keep them warm in a 300°F oven until ready to serve. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and additional chipotle sauce.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Quesadilla, Veggie Quesadilla, Healthy Quesadilla, Quesadilla Recipe, Avocado, Black Beans, Avocado Quesadilla