Try this Chipotle Aioli sauce anytime you need a smoky, spicy heat! It’s ideal for burgers, fries, veggies, and more.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce*
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ cup high quality mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Use a large knife to finely mince the chipotle peppers, then use the side of the knife to grind them into a paste as finely as possible.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of the mashed chipotle peppers with the grated garlic, mayonnaise, cumin, and kosher salt. (Taste and if desired, you can add more chipotle for an even spicier kick.)
- For a perfectly creamy sauce, use a spatula to press the sauce through a fine mesh strainer. Stores up to 2 weeks refrigerated.
*To make a traditional aioli instead of mayo-based, make 1 recipe Classic Aioli and then combine it with the chipotle peppers and cumin as noted in Step 2.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Sauce
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Chipotle aioli, chipotle aioli recipe