Here’s how to make homemade chili seasoning! Mix this all natural blend into a batch of chili, or use it for grilled or roasted veggies, dips, and more.
- 1/4 cup chili powder (standard, not spicy)*
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl. Transfer to an airtight container or jar. Store for 6 months to 1 year in a cool, dry place.
*If you like very spicy chili, you can use spicy chili powder, or add cayenne to the mix. We’d start with 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and adjust to your spice tolerance.
- Category: Seasoning
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Spice Blend
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Chili Seasoning, Chili Spice Blend, Spices for Chili