Looking for a cacao nibs recipe? These snack bars feature dates, cherries, almonds and cacao nibs for a nutrient-dense vegan and gluten free snack.
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries, divided
- 12 Medjool dates*
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Place the almonds in the bowl of a food processor and process until fully chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup of the dried cherries, the Medjool dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and kosher salt. Process until smooth. Add the remaining ¼ cup cherries and cacao nibs and gently pulse a few times to incorporate
- Turn out the mixture onto a baking sheet and press it into a flat layer of the desired thickness. Roll a rolling pin over the top to smooth it to a uniform thickness. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden, then slice into bars of the desired size. Store in a sealed container in the pantry or refrigerator.
*Medjool dates are a type of date that is exceptionally large and sweet; it is important to find the real thing for this recipe. They’re sold in bulk at many groceries, and are also available for sale online.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cacao nibs recipe, Cacao Nibs, Snack Bars, Cherry Bars, Homemade Larabars, Larabar