This easy cheese ball recipe is classic and full of bold flavor! Everyone will gather around this simple party appetizer.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 blocks), room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (1 tablespoon of the greens chopped finely and reserved)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup toasted pecan pieces, chopped
- Crackers, for serving
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature (let it stand about 30 minutes unrefrigerated or see the tips above). Beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, green onions (with 1 tablespoon finely chopped greens reserved), Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried dill and kosher salt. Mix on low speed until combined, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Scoop the cheese onto plastic wrap. Wrap the cheese in the plastic and form it into a ball shape. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans: place them in a dry skillet (no oil) over medium heat. Heat, shaking the pan and stirring often, until the nuts are fragrant and slightly darker brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove immediately from the heat and transfer to a cutting board. Finely chop the pecans and place them in a shallow bowl. Stir in the reserved chopped onion greens.
- Gently roll the cheese ball in pecan mixture, lightly pressing so that the entire ball is coated. Rest at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 1 month (wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then foil).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Cheese ball recipe, easy cheese ball recipe