This easy celery salad recipe could not be more refreshing! Take this veggie to new heights with apples, Parmesan and a tangy vinaigrette.
- 8 celery ribs plus 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 red apple
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the celery ribs. Measure out the celery leaves. Thinly slice the red apple.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup or sugar, and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil one tablespoon at a time.
- In another bowl, toss together the celery and celery leaves with the apple, dressing, and Parmesan cheese shavings. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. This tastes best the day of making, but you can refrigerate leftovers for a few days (refresh them with a little vinegar or salt if necessary).
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Celery salad, Celery apple salad