Here’s how to make candied walnuts: a no-fail method that works every time! Add a crunch to ice cream and salads, or just eat by the handful.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (12 ounces) raw walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white, water and vanilla extract until foamy. Toss the walnuts with the egg white mixture with a spatula until well coated. Add half the sugar mixture and stir with a spatula until fully coated, then add the remaining sugar mixture and stir until coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the nuts in an even layer on top. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and stir (the nuts will look foamy at this point). Bake for another 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool about 10 minutes before eating and completely (about 45 minutes) before storing. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks and frozen in a freezer-safe bag (with the air removed with a straw) for up to 2 months.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Candied walnuts, candied walnuts recipe, candied walnut recipe, how to candy walnuts, how to make candied walnuts