This candied pecans recipe is easy with classic flavor: sweet, spiced and a little salty! They store well and are extremely versatile.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (12 ounces) pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white, water and vanilla extract until foamy. Toss the pecans with the egg white mixture with a spatula until well coated. Add half the sugar mixture and stir with a spatula until fully coated, then add the remaining sugar mixture and stir until coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the nuts in an even layer on top. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and stir (the nuts will look foamy at this point). Bake for another 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool about 10 minutes before eating and completely (about 45 minutes) before storing. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks and frozen for up to 2 months.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Candied pecans, candied pecans recipe, how to make candied pecans, candied pecans recipe