Refreshingly bitter and just sweet enough, the Negroni is a classic cocktail that’s equal parts gin, vermouth and Campari. Cheers!
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) gin*
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet or semi-sweet red vermouth
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Campari
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- For the garnish: Orange peel
- Combine the gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to a lowball glass, and strain the drink into the glass (or you can use a cocktail glass without ice).
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.
*We like the Boulevardier even better, a classic cocktail that’s a spin on the Negroni. Substitute 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey for the gin. It has a rounder flavor that’s more balanced by the bourbon.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan