What’s better than a creamy, steaming cup of cafe au lait? Here’s how to make it at home…the French way.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) strong dark roast coffee (like Moka Pot)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) steamed whole milk (or oat milk for dairy free)
- Make coffee using a Moka Pot, or strong dark roast coffee using your method of choice (French press, Chemex, Aeropress, or other).
- Steam the milk with an espresso machine (stretching the milk to 20 to 25% in height), or froth the milk with a frother, French press or whisk.
- Pour the coffee in a cup. Add the steamed milk and serve immediately.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Coffee
- Cuisine: Coffee
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Cafe Au Lait, what is Cafe Au Lait