The zingy vinegary taste of this sauteed red cabbage makes it the perfect side dish recipe to any main!
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 apples
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 splash of port or sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Shred the cabbage (see the video tutorial!). Thinly slice the onion. Peel and thinly slice the apples. Mince the garlic.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion until soft, around 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, apples, garlic, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, apple cider, port or sherry (optional), caraway seeds, and a bit of salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat until the cabbage is tender, around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Cabbage Recipes, Red Cabbage Recipes