This burrata pizza is full of cheesy goodness and authentic Italian flavor! This rich and creamy cheese is the ultimate pizza topping.
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough or Thin Crust Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the Easy Pizza Sauce recipe. (You’ll use about 1/3 cup for the pizza; reserve the remaining sauce and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread a thin layer of the pizza sauce over the dough, using about 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with a thin layer of fresh grated Parmesan cheese and a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 3 minutes. While the pizza is baking, break the burrata into small chunks and place it in a bowl.
- Add the burrata cheese: Use the pizza peel to pull the pizza out of the oven. Working quickly, spread the burrata chunks evenly over the dough. Place it back in the oven and cook 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow the pizza to cool for a minute before adding the basil on top (whole leaves, lightly torn, or thinly sliced). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian inspired
Keywords: Burrata pizza