This Brussels sprout salad has the best fresh flavors and zingy dressing! Pair it with apples, almonds and dried cherries for a tasty side.
For the salad
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, enough for 4 cups shredded (or 8 ounces shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped escarole or other crunchy leafy green, optional
- 1 large crisp tart red apple (like Honeycrisp)
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds (Marcona almonds, if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 recipe Dijon Mustard Dressing
- Feta cheese crumbles, optional (omit for vegan)
- Shred the Brussels sprouts: go to How to Shred Brussels Sprouts. Or, use a food processor slicing blade or mandoline to slice each sprout from top to end.
- Prep the vegetables: Chop the escarole or other leafy green. Dice the apple.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, and salt. Then whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until a creamy dressing forms.
- Assemble the salad: Mix together all salad ingredients. Mix with 1/2 cup of the dressing (add more to taste, if desired). Top with feta crumbles, if using, and serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: Brussels sprout salad