Broiled shrimp is one of the best ways to cook it! It’s easy and comes out juicy and perfectly seasoned. Add breading for an irresistible crunch!
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined (tail on or off)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt*
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (optional; homemade* or plain purchased breadcrumbs)
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the broiler.
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp.
- Pat the shrimp dry.
- Mince the garlic. In a medium bowl, toss with the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic, oregano, onion powder, and kosher salt*. Toss until fully combined. If using breadcrumbs, add them and toss until all shrimp are coated.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet in an even layer. (You can add a few additional pinches of breadcrumbs if there were places where they did not stick to the shrimp.) Place the baking sheet in the oven and broil until juicy and opaque, about 3 to 6 minutes, until juicy and opaque, rotating the tray as necessary for even cooking.
- Spritz with fresh lemon juice from lemon wedges, sprinkle with chopped parsley or cilantro, and serve immediately.
*Homemade breadcrumbs are the best, if possible! Make sure the breadcrumbs have a fine texture so they stick to the shrimp. If you’re using purchased breadcrumbs, make sure they are plain with no added salt. If they are salted, adjust the salt quantity in the recipe to use less (start with half). Note that nutrition info below is without breadcrumbs.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Broiled
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Low Calorie
Keywords: Broiled shrimp