These turmeric yellow rice bowls are the best healthy lunch or dinner! This one features colorful vegetables and a tangy with lemon tahini sauce.
- 1 cup short grain brown rice* (try using our Instant Pot method)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Simply Organic turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Best Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 3 carrots
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 bunch kale (3 large leaves)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the short grain brown rice, 2 cups water, turmeric and kosher salt bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer; cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered to steam for 10 minutes. (After boiling, the yellow rice can leave a residue on the inside of the saucepan. Simply wash your pan in hot water and rub it with a rag, and the residue will come right off.)
- Make the Best Lemon Tahini Sauce.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Cut broccoli into florets. Thinly slice the green onions; reserve 2 for a garnish. Chop the kale. Peel the garlic. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil with the whole cloves garlic. Add the carrots and saute for 3 minutes, stirring often, then add broccoli and 2 green onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the kale and ¼ cup water and saute for 2 minutes, stirring, until bright green and wilted. Add 1 pinch kosher salt, chickpeas and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and remove the garlic cloves.
- To serve, place vegetables and rice in a bowl and top with green onions and lemon tahini sauce.
*As a time saver, use white rice and make according to the package instructions, adding the turmeric quantity above.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Yellow Rice, Yellow Rice Recipe, Turmeric Rice, Bowl Meal, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Rice Bowl, Buddha Bowl,