This 5 minute breakfast sandwich recipe makes mornings easy! Fluffy, cheesy eggs pair perfectly with a slather of smoky mayo.
- 1 English muffin
- 2 eggs*
- 1 pinch each kosher salt and garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (like Cholula)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Toast the English muffin.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and add the salt and garlic powder. Add the butter to a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and sprinkle the chopped chives on top. Cook, without flipping, for about 2 minutes until eggs are mostly set. Rotate the pan to ensure all of the egg gets cooked.
- Once the eggs are mostly set, use a spatula to fold them in half, then in half again to make a wedge. Add the cheese slice and cover pan. Cook 30 seconds to 1 minute until cheese is melted.
- While the eggs cook, make the smoky mayo: stir together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, and smoked paprika.
- Spread smoky mayo on the toasted English muffin. Add the eggs and tomato slice (seasoned with a pinch of salt), and serve immediately.
*Feel free to add cooked bacon or vegan bacon as a classic breakfast sandwich addition.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Breakfast sandwich