This breakfast quinoa bowl is a hearty and healthy way to start the day! Load up this whole grain with tasty toppings.
For the quinoa
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (not dry!)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (dairy or oat milk for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For the toppings
- Fresh berries (we used blueberries and raspberries)
- Sliced almonds
- Coconut flakes
- Roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Nut butter
- Cook the quinoa in advance: go to How to Cook Quinoa. Refrigerate until serving or proceed to Step 2.
- Place the quinoa, milk, cinnamon, maple syrup and kosher salt in a saucepan. Heat for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat until warmed though, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to 2 bowls. Top each serving with berries, sliced almonds, coconut flakes, pepitas, and a drizzle of nut butter. Serve immediately. Leftover breakfast quinoa stores for 4 to 5 days refrigerated; warm gently before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Breakfast quinoa, quinoa breakfast, quinoa breakfast bowl, breakfast quinoa recipes, quinoa for breakfast