Pizza for breakfast? You bet. This breakfast pizza is loaded with colorful veggies and topped with crumbles of scrambled eggs.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/3 cup Best Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Kosher salt
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the 5 Minute Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the toppings: Finely dice the green pepper. Thinly slice the red pepper. Thinly slice the red onion.
- Scramble the eggs: In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together until well-beaten. Add 1 pinch kosher salt. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Tilt the pan to ensure the entire pan is coated in the oil. Pour in the eggs. Keep the heat on medium. When the eggs just start to set, use a flat spatula to slowly scrape sections of eggs, creating folds. Scrape occasionally until the eggs form soft folds, and remove them from the heat just before they are fully hardened. Break the eggs into smaller crumbles with the spatula.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough using the back of a spoon to create a thin layer. Add the mozzarella cheese. Top with the, peppers, red onion, and scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with fennel seeds and a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast Pizza, How to Make Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Pizza Sauce