This bow tie pasta salad recipe is simple and so tasty! Pair noodles with tomatoes, herbs, and feta cheese for a satisfying side dish.
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (2 cups)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 2 more tablespoons parsley)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) feta cheese crumbles
- Fresh ground black pepper, to toaste
- Start a large pot of well-salted water to boil. Boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and run cool water over it until it’s room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes, shallot, garlic, parsley, and basil as noted in the ingredient list.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, red wine vinegar, oregano, dill, and kosher salt. Then whisk in the olive oil.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the large bowl of dressing and toss with the chopped vegetables and herbs. Add the feta cheese and fresh ground black pepper and stir to combine.
- Taste and add more salt to taste if necessary. Serve immediately. Stores up to 5 days refrigerated (leftovers taste great; allow to come to room temperature and add a swirl more olive oil or a bit more cheese or salt as necessary).
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Bow tie pasta salad, bow tie pasta salad recipes