The Boston Sour is a whiskey sour with an egg white, which makes a frothy foam at the top! It makes an ultra smooth flavor a beautiful look.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) whiskey
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) pure maple syrup (or simple syrup)
- 1 egg white*
- Garnish: Orange peel and a cocktail cherry
- Ice, for serving (optional)
- Add the whiskey, lemon juice, syrup, and egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a glass; the foam will collect at the top. Serve with ice (optional), an orange peel and a cocktail cherry.
*Substitute 2 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas) for a vegan variation.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Boston sour