How long to boil red potatoes? Try this boiled red potatoes recipe: it comes out perfectly tender, seasoned with butter and chives!
- 3 pounds red potatoes (large or baby)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or fresh thyme, oregano, Italian parsley or dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for boiling)
- Other seasonings: Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, Pecorino cheese, or feta cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Wash the potatoes. Dice them into 3/4 to 1″ wide bite-sized pieces if they’re large, or cut them in half if they are small (you can also boil baby red potatoes whole). Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes and boil 12 to 15 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork (you may need longer if boiling whole).
- Drain and remove the potatoes to a bowl. Gently toss them with the butter, herbs, fresh ground black pepper and ¾ teaspoon kosher salt (or more or less to taste: add salt until the flavor pops!).
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Boiled red potatoes, how long to boil red potatoes, boiled red potato recipes