- 1 large head green cabbage
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (or olive oil)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil with 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Remove any tough or brown leaves from the outer portion of the cabbage. Shred the cabbage.
- Boil the cabbage for 12 to 15 minutes, until it is very tender (ours is generally done around 12 minutes). Drain the cabbage into a strainer.
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl with the butter, fresh ground pepper, and kosher salt (around 3/4 teaspoon for a large head of cabbage). Adjust the salt to taste: salt until the flavor pops!
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Boiled cabbage