These boiled Brussels sprouts are quick to make and delicious! Mix them with butter and Parmesan cheese as a tasty side dish.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (off the stem)*
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt to a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half, removing any tough ends or browned outer leaves.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in the water and boil them 4 to 5 minutes until they are crisp tender and bright green. Taste test as soon as possible and try to avoid over-boiling.
- Immediately drain the Brussels sprouts well. Toss with the salt and butter, stirring until the butter melts. Add the Parmesan cheese and black pepper and serve.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Boiled Brussel sprouts, How long to boil brussel sprouts, boiled brussel sprouts recipe