Boiled broccoli comes out perfectly crisp tender and bright green! Spritz with lemon and drizzle with olive oil, and it’s a healthy and easy side dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large heads) broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Chop the broccoli into florets.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and boil them for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until bright green and crisp tender, taste testing often (basically, don’t leave the pot!). Once they’re cooked, drain into a colander.
- Place in the serving dish and stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, and kosher salt. Taste and add additional seasoning to taste.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Boiled Broccoli, How to boil broccoli