This blueberry sauce recipe is thick, sweet, and tangy! Drizzle over breakfasts or desserts like pancakes, waffles or ice cream.
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the blueberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a low boil, then cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the blueberries begin to break down, mashing them with a wooden spoon. Make sure not to let the pot boil over.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons water. Add it to the sauce and simmer for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and salt. The sauce will thicken even more as it cools. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving (store up to 1 week refrigerated).
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Blueberry sauce