This blueberry baked oatmeal is the best way to start the day! It’s hearty, cozy-spiced and works for breakfast all week long.
- 1 large egg (or flax egg for vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (or melted refined coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, divided (washed and dried)
- Maple syrup, to serve (and/or nut butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- Butter an 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ pan or 7 x 11 small casserole dish (shown). Place roughly half of the blueberries in the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, then whisk in the milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add the rolled oats, sliced almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and kosher salt. Mix thoroughly to combine them into the wet ingredients, mixing until all the spices are integrated.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan (many of the blueberries will float, which is ok). Add the remaining blueberries in a layer on top.
- Bake 30 minutes until the oat mixture has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. (The texture will fully set once it cools to room temperature.)
- Before serving, drizzle maple syrup. Store leftovers refrigerated for up to 1 week: eat cold or reheat in a 300 degree oven or microwave until warm.
*Make ahead instructions: do not make the entire pan in advance and refrigerate overnight because the oats will absorb all the liquid. You can mix up the wets and dries separately and store in separate containers (with the wets refrigerated), then pour them together in the morning and bake.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Oatmeal
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Blueberry baked oatmeal, baked blueberry oatmeal, baked oatmeal with blueberries, blueberry oatmeal bake