This homemade blue cheese dressing recipe tastes so good, why buy it again? It takes 5 minutes and is perfect for salads and as a dip.
- 6 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles, divided (1.5 ounces blue cheese)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt*
- 1/4 cup high quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash together 1/4 cup (1 ounce) of the blue cheese crumbles with the vinegar for about 1 minute until a creamy paste forms.
- Mix in the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper until a creamy dressing forms.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles, using your fingers to break up any very large pieces. Store refrigerated (keeps at least 1 week).
*Make sure the yogurt has a creamy consistency. Most yogurt brands we’ve used work, but we found one brand that was very runny which didn’t work well for salad dressing.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blue cheese dressing recipe, Homemade blue cheese dressing, Bleu cheese dressing, Salad Dressing Recipes, Homemade Salad Dressing