Here’s how to make the best blackened shrimp, full of Cajun flavor! It’s fast to cook on the grill or stove for an easy, healthy dinner.
- 1 pound large shrimp, tail on and deveined (we like 26–30 per pound size)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning*
- Lemon, for serving
- Thaw the shrimp. Then pat the shrimp dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with blackened seasoning. Mix with your hands to combine.
- Grilled method: Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees). Place the shrimp directly on the grates and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side until bright pink and cooked through.
- Stovetop method: Heat 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or stainless steel skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp in 2 batches, making sure they are in a single layer. Cook 2 minutes on one side until lightly charred, then turn with tongs and cook another 20 seconds until opaque. For the second batch, add a bit of olive oil if necessary to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon juice from several wedges of the lemon, to taste. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled or Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Diet: Low Calorie
Keywords: Blackened shrimp