Here’s the best trick: how to cook canned black beans in 5 minutes! This recipe transforms a bland can of beans into a flavor-packed dinner.
- 15-ounce can black beans*
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Drain the beans, but don’t rinse them. Mince the garlic.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant but not yet browned.
- Add the beans (drained but not rinsed), cumin, kosher salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Cook 2 minutes until warmed through. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Store leftovers refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
*Double this recipe to make 4 servings: leftovers save well refrigerated!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Black Beans, Black Beans Recipe